Friday, June 17, 2011

Works in Progress...(some bits from old scribbles I found)

In Progress 1
Outside, the sky is thick
with the heaviness of
night.
The voices of Your people
lifted up,
looking for Your light.
Then, from the distance
You
call out
and all the darkness scatters.
In Progress 2
So I'm chasing the rain
in hopes that Your grace
will wash over me,
I fall on my face,
tumble to my knees,
chasing the rain,
in thirst of You.
In Progress 3
Somewhere she sits,
beyond ordinary thought
and the phone rings,
but she doesn't answer.
She is not aware,
lost in the land of a make-believe world
she's been made to believe,
when some quiet voice breaks the
rule.
And we, really, are all the same,
dressed up in our business suits and ballgowns,
tough guy faces and tattered crowns
we've made for ourselves to wear
We are all lost in teh fame,
lost in the land of make-believe
we've been made to believe
until Your quiet voice breaks through
and light shines right
into the corner of the room,
where I am now
face to face,
looking at You.

No comments:

Post a Comment